Upcoming Events & Announcements
Northern Utah Convention of NA XXIV (NUACNA)
- Friday, March 17 - Sunday March 19
- $20 Pre-Registration, before 3/1, $25 after.
- $30 Banquet & $10 Comedy Show
- Register online or get more information at NUACNA.org
- Speakers, Workshops, Banquet, Comedy Show, Dance, and Fellowshipping!
- Friday, July 14th - Sunday, July 16th
- Currant Creek Campground
- East of Heber, UT - 45 miles on Hwy 40, then 17 miles NW to campground
- Pre-Registration $25 before June 1st, $30 After
- Registration includes camping spot all weekend, 2 breakfasts, Saturday night potluck dinner, speakers, workshops, food, activities, and Camp Kids activites.
- Currant Creek Campground
Service Needed around our area
- Group Support Requests
- Back to Basics (Sunday, Redwood Rec): More active support
- Renegades of Recovery (Monday, West Jordan): More active support and homegroup members.
- Stepping Stones (Tuesday, Kearns): More active support
- Never Alone (Wednesday, Murray Alano Club): Support from members with time, open treasurer and secretary homegroup postions
- High Fivers (Thursday, Redwood Rec): More homegroup members
- Clean & Serene (Thursday, Red Eye Coffee in Midvale): Support from members with time and willing to sponsor
- The Hospitals and Institutions Subcommittee is looking for members able to speak at H&I meetings: Add your name to the list available at most meetings around the area or ask a group's GSR for more info.
- The Outreach Subcommittee holds a GSR Orientation for new GSRs as well as members interested in learning how the Area Service Committee works on the 3rd Sunday of each month before H&I, PR, & Area @ 3:30pm at the Salt Lake County Building
- Activities Subcommittee needs support. The committee is looking for a Vice Chair. Activities meets the 3rd Sunday of each month before H&I, PR, & Area @ 3pm at the Salt Lake County Building.
- Public Relations Subcommittee needs support. Even just members willing to fill racks on a monthly basis. Additionally, any ideas on where literature racks could be setup are welcome as well. PR meets the 3rd Sunday of each month before Area @ 4pm at the Salt Lake County Building.
- The Area Service Committee needs an Alt-RCM (Alternate Region Committee Member). Come to Area if interested.
- We will be having UWACNA III and our New Years Eve Event this year, and will be looking to create a committee at the next ASC meeting - if you're interested in chairing the committee(s), or hear more about the plan for this year, come to Area.
- The Utah Region needs a Secretary and an Outreach Chair. Region meets every other month at the Foothill Meetings' location at 1700 S Foothill Dr. @ 1:30pm. The next meeting is April 8th.
- Region will be holding a workshop on "Applying principles to technology and social media" before the meeting on April 8th at 12:30pm at the Foothill Meetings' location at 1700 S Foothill Dr.